Low and inconsistenly rising betas

Low and inconsistenly rising betas

Postby meggyj81 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm

HI! New here :) I'll try to make this brief. I have a healthy 8 year old son, got pregnant the first month we tried (don't hate me I know) and never had a hiccup with the pregnancy. We have now been trying for 4 years for # 2 and we've had a chemical, a 15 weeks loss, another chemical, another 16 week loss, an 8 week loss, and a blighted ovum, in that order. 6 consecutive losses. I am about to lose my mind. I have sought out the very controversial Reproductive Immunology world of medicine and have been treated with a combination of immune modulators, immunosuppressants, and anticoagulants for several of these pregnancies to no avail. I have Sjogren's, mildly elevated anticardiolipin IgM antibodies, positive ANA, mildly elevated NK cell activity, and am hypothyroid. I'm super complicated it turns out. How I had a healthy child with no complications is a sheer miracle in itself, apparently.

I recently found out I was pregnant on an immune protocol after doing a TI cycle with femara days 3-7.I had 4 large follies ready to rupture. I did not do a trigger. I got a very faint positive at 9dpo. Here is a summary of my betas so far. They are not doubling consistently and have sort of slowed down. Just curious if anyone has any similar betas and/or hope to dish out. I am currently on prednisone, lovenox, asa, neupogen, metanx, synthroid, estradiol, and oral and vag and PIO progesterone. I'm doing everything in my power. I know it is up to God at this point, truly. Any feedback is appreciated.

11/14 9dpo 7
11/16 11dpo 29 (314% increase)
11/18 13dpo 58 (100% increase)
11/20 15dpo 102 (76% increase)
11/22 17dpo 146 (43% increase ) (This was a different lab, not sure if that played a part here)
11/24 19dpo 312 (113% increase)
11/27 22dpo 698 (71% increase for 2 days)
11/28 Gestational sac seen on US (5w0d)
11/29 24 dpo 988 (41% rise) (Again, a different lab, out of state, not sure if this contributed)
12/1 26dpo 1540 (55.9% increase)

I will go Monday for a repeat ultrasound.
Thank you in advance!
Megan
meggyj81
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Low and inconsistenly rising betas

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:03 pm

(((hugs))) for you. You have just been through so much. I don't know what is happening but stay closely monitored. They've definitely ruled out an ectopic, correct? Keep us updated on you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby meggyj81 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank you Kay. Yes gestational sac was seen last week. Went for repeat ultrasound this morning and the sac had grown and there was a yolk now too. I’m measuring 5w5d and I’m 5w6d so measuring right on track. But my betas continue to confuse me. My beta from this morning was only 2063, so only a 21% increase from Friday. No bueno. I don’t know anymore. I guess only time will tell. Have a repeat ultrasound Monday.
meggyj81
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 pm

(((hugs))) I remember all too well how difficult the waiting and not knowing was. Praying for you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues