Hcg levels are crazy!!!!

Hcg levels are crazy!!!!

Postby joana09lim » Mon May 15, 2017 4:28 am

Hi my name is Joana, and I am going through thise hcg level thing. Below is the summary
April 22nd did my trigger shot
April 23rd positive opk I'm assuming ovulation was 24th
May 6th tested positive on FRER very faint.
May 7th went in for a blood test stat. Result was only 9!!!!
May 8th did another blood test stat. Result 6!!! it went down
May 9th started bleeding light then normal bleeding like period with clots
May 11th went for my 3rd blood test stat. Result 11!!!! Omogosh increased but not doubling
May 13th another blood draw stat. Result 28!!!.
I'm going crazy I have no idea what is going on with me!!! And i don't want to think that I'm having an ectopic pregnancy oh lord i'm hoping it's not. I've already accepted the fact that I miscarriad due to the hcg dropped and bleeding. I just hope I get my answer soon. My dr. Will be calling me later today so hopefully I find out what my next step would be.
Is there someone going through this right now? Or someone with experience thank you in advance
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Hcg levels are crazy!!!!

Postby TryingToBeChill » Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi!
I can't offer advice but I can offer commiseration. I have a very similar story!

4/24 I had an IUI. No trigger shot and doctors never fully confirmed I was ovulating the 23rd, 24th, 25th so not sure exactly what day.
5/1 Progesterone check. it was very good.
5/6 got my first positive test! After 4 years and 2 other IUIs!
5/8 Beta only a 9! Progesterone had dropped a lot so I was given suppositories. I was also told this was probably a biochemical pregnancy and not to get my hopes up.
5/10 2nd beta only 13. Doctors said they had expected it to plateau or drop so they weren't sure what was going on, come back Monday
5/15 (today), beta up to 48! Now they say it's way too low for 5 weeks. Keep up progesterone and come back Thursday for another beta and a sonogram.

I have no idea what to make of all of this. I've been googling like crazy and have not seen any numbers this low but also they say that going up is going up. I'm totally confused like you are! I was expecting to be told to stop progesterone and go home and miscarry today. Now I don't know what to think!
TryingToBeChill
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Tue May 16, 2017 4:43 am

Omogosh we are the same!!! I just got my hcg level at 48! 05/15 yah! It's crazy what is going on I have not seen it on google. I'm going crazy as well! I'm so glad I found someone going through the same thing! I am going to take another hcg blood test on wed. Do you mind me asking what are your symptoms so far? My only symptoms is a lot of egg whites discharge! But other than that nothing else. I was told it might be ectopic or it might be some tissues that was left on the miscarriage??? Because I did had a drop of hcg level I was also at 9 then went down to 6 and started bleeding. But I am so early I'm not sure if I could retain any tissues or whatever. I don't know what's going on. I'm really not excited but I'm hoping for a miracle still. G'luck and update me take care!
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TryingToBeChill » Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 am

You're HCG is now 48 too? That's crazy!

Yesterday the RE told me to be "cautiously optimistic." That's a very different message than I got when my HCG was 13. Then she said, this is probably going to be bad but you have a 2% chance. In some ways it was easier with less hope. i think that's what you were saying too. I don't want to get my hopes up just to have them slashed all over again.

Have you had your progesterone tested? Mine was so low I'm certain I would have miscarried already if they didn't put me ont the supplements.

And I do have some symptoms but also progesterone supplements cause similar symptoms to pregnancy. I've been so incredibly thirsty. No matter how much water I drink I'm still parched. That' my biggest one. I've also been much more tired than usual and hungry more often but also my stomach has gotten upset so I have to eat little bits throughout the day. But, like I said, a lot of these are both pregnancy symptoms and progesterone side effects so who knows.

May 6-7 when I first knew I was pregnant my breasts were huge and so incredibly sore, but that has gone away. Not sure what that means at this point.

Good luck to you! Keep me posted on Wednesday! I'm glad we found each other!
TryingToBeChill
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Yes! 48! Ugghhh The fact that I had a bleeding on the 9th and also a decreased of my hcg level. I would've thought everything would be back to normal level by now. I was suppose to take femara after my hcg level goes back to normal; but this is happening and I have no idea what it is. I actually tested midnight with FRER and clearblue digital they both came back positive. With the FRER i also tested before it was too faint almost like nothing there and with the clearblue it would say "not pregnant" that was when I was at least 14dpo already. I wish I could find answers to this. I'm just lifting it all up to him. I'm letting him decide what he wants to do and I'll accept it. But I'm hoping that whatever it is that everything will be ok in the end....
Symptoms now- hungry and still having egg and cream CM
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffkat » Tue May 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Tryingtobechill, we are the same person! I just posted something here...

5/6 + tests
5/8 18hCG
5/10 29hCG
5/11 27hCG
5/15 44hCG

and my progesterone is very low too. I see the doctor tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Tue May 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Hey tiffkat so I see your levels also went down ones? Then went back up. My dr. told me to go get another hcg level I don't know what would it be. Dr email me saying that if my level is plateau or rising then they'll be giving me medication. I was thinking if it was to terminate the pregnancy if it's ectopic. But seeing my hcg level again would be a good plan she said; They actually don't know yet what's causing my levels to rise up again.
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffkat » Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm

I feel like it's PUL (ectopic), in my tube or something. I'm SO scared of losing a tube. I'll update tomorrow after my doctor visit.
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

My dr. Just called me and told me that if my level does not go up 500-1000 tomorrow they will do an ultrasound although they won't see anything yet at this point; but they will do it just incase. And told me I'll be getting a medicine to terminate the baby if we don't see any baby/babies on the ultrasound. I guess this is it........ g'luck to you guys ok hopefully miracle happens for all of us
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffkat » Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 am

Good luck to you too, mama. Let me know how it goes. I am headed to my appt shortly, I think he will be doing a TV. I can't currently take the shot of methotrexate or whatever it's called because I'm still nursing, so we may just have to monitor. I wish you the best <3
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TryingToBeChill » Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 am

Tiffcat-What is your progesterone? Mine was super low so they put me on supplements and I'm convinced that's what made my HCG start to go up. It went from not doubling, to doubling in 79 hours, to doubling in 63 hours. If yours is low can you talk to your doctor about getting supplements?

No one has said anything to me about eptopic but I'm still terrified of it. I keep asking the nurse "what else could it be?" and she keeps saying it's going to be a chemical pregnancy or a real pregnancy. She hasn't said eptopic but I don't know if that's just because she doesn't want to scare me. I'm praying it's Anything But That for all of us!

Jonana-my doctor is also doing an ultrasound tomorrow but I don't know why because everything I read says they won't be able to see the baby. I have no idea how you'd get to a 500HCG from 48 in just 48 hours! Keep us posted! Fingers crossed for all of you!
TryingToBeChill
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

I know! I'm nervous with my hcg level I can't wait to find out what the result is. But then again not getting my hopes up. And my progesterone level was taken on may 8th and it was only 0.9! The NP told me for my next pregnancy if this one isn't successful then she will be giving me progesterone suppository and will have to take baby aspirin as well. And about the ultrasound I'm not sure what to say about it because I know they won't be seeing anything. I feel like if they offer me that medicine the meth whatever I would say I'll wait a littke bit. Since I'm not having any pain or anything I feel like I should wait a little bit more.
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Wed May 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Update my hcg level came back 82 sigh...... I'm still waiting for my dr. to give me an appt for ultrasound. G'luck to you guys
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffkat » Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 pm

My progesterone was 6.2 at one measurement, and 9.9 on another.

Just got home from a day full of appointmenting. Doctor said he doesn't think it's ectopic, but can't fully rule t out. Sent me to an imaging center for a more thorough look, although... under 1000, so nothing to see here. He said he doesn't like to push a lot of weight into hCG or progesterone as he's seen just about everything. He said "I've seen it where hCG starts at super low, then gets going and 2 weeks later, we see something; I've also seen miscarriages in your situation." He decided our approach will be to manage it, basically just wait and see. He said if we can't rule out ectopic and it's a while with nothing happen (while they monitor me), we may have to talk about the shot. He said with no pain, no bleeding, no signs of any kind besides low and slow hCG, he just thinks it's rare. He made me feel better, I'm sure he sees this type of thing more than me! He did a quickie TVU on site, and we didn't see anything, not in my uterus, or anywhere else.

So now, we wait. He should have results from the TV Ultrasound, and he's scheduled me for another hCG test tomorrow as he doesn't like to do 48 hrs apart, he says it's too close, prefers 72.
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Fri May 19, 2017 12:25 am

I'm going for my ultrasound tomorrow since I couldn't go in today. And before my ultrasohnd at 2pm my dr. wants me to get another hcg
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffkat » Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 am

Good luck and baby dust today mama. Doc called me same day as the ultrasound, said radiologist didn't see any sign of ANYTHING, to include ectopic or PUL. Waiting on my betas to come back from yesterdY. The wait is torture. My lines seem to be getting darker though, but that's obviously not a science. ❤️
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm

I just finished my ultrasound Dr. didn't see anything in my uterus at all. So now I'm going in for my appt tomorrow morning to get the shot. I guess this is for the best I'm so tired of everything already and just want to get this over with. I also did my hcg blood test this afternoon along with other tests and should get the results later or tomorrow
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Got my result back for my hcg it was at 82 on 17th. Today it's 182 not that there's any difference sigh.....
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joana09lim » Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 am

Just want to update. I went to ER today as per my REI Dr. told me to go and get the shot of methroxecate. I did another ultrasound there and it was very long I mean the tech took her time to check everything. Then after that Dr. came in to tell me that he won't be giving me any shot because he believes thag I am just too early and that's why I'm not showing anything yet on the ultrasound. And I also asked him about my level when it went down and started bleeding he said that sometimes it just happens that I implanted those times and hcg levels can go that way. So on monday I will be getting another hcg level and he said that as long as it is going up sane direction and on a level they expect them to be it should be fine. I mean man I feel like a weight has lifted out off my shoulder. That's the only time I felt pregnant and enjoy it. I'm still scared but I am going to just trust my god my saviour. G'luck you two and hopefully it keeps going with good news. I hope for you guys as well. Take care mamas
joana09lim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TryingToBeChill » Sat May 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Joana, That's crazy! Fingers crossed for you!!

What day was your HCG 182?

Here's my update. I had an ultrasound and beta check on Thursday 5/18. My HCG was 106 (from 48 3 days earlier). They definitely saw something on the ultrasound. But she said it was a black dot but that the white ring around it wasn't enough to indicate a true sac and it may have just been a psudosac whatever that means.

She said that since my levels weren't even near 200, she wanted me to go off of progesterone and let my body miscarriage. I was super sad so I"m sorry I didn't update right away.

But now I've been off the progesterone for 48 hours and nothing has happened. She said she was hoping I'd just miscarry over the weekend. And also I am starting to feel what must be super pregnant. I'm exhausted, my boobs are crazy sore and much bigger, my nipples are bumpy and dark, and I can smell like it's a super power. I have some cramps but I also have an upset stomach and I think that's why I have some cramps.

So I think my body is just staying pregnant for the moment even though it's not viable. Ugh. I have go to back on Monday. They said they aren't too concerned it's in my tube but they are slightly concerned.

Keep me posted ladies! Good luck to you!
TryingToBeChill
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues