8w4d - Large Sac, No baby, Tilted Uterus

8w4d - Large Sac, No baby, Tilted Uterus

Postby ceeker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:55 am

I am 44 years old, the last time I was successfully pregnant was 25 years ago. This past April I had a miscarriage at 5w, before I even got to my first Ob appt. That was hard on us but SO and I moved on and decided to get married.
So 6 months later, we married in Nov. I got pregnant again on our honeymoon. 11/12/2017
My LMP was Oct 28th.

This time I made it past 5w. I had my first doc appt at 6w, they did a transvaginal U/S. The doc saw a little baby, and though it was measured, I was pretty sure I saw some movement (heartbeat) on the screen.
The Ob wanted cleared pictures and scheduled me to come back in 2 weeks for another U/S.

We had that appt yesterday. This time a technician did the U/S and she was working on doing a complete scan. She had a hard time finding my ovaries (something about them being behind the Uterus) , and she mentioned that my uterus is tilted.

When she went to find the baby, all she could find was a large empty sac, with a few little bits in it at the edge. No heartbeat or anything.
SO and I were very upset. The doc was quick to offer all the options to move things along and I decided I wanted to wait for things to happen naturally.

Then I came home and researched and found this site and other stories... So right now I am hoping. It may still all end, but maybe just maybe my little one is hiding in there. We have appt in 2 weeks to see how everything is doing.

I have had no bleeding or cramping and I still had terrible heartburn this morning and a weird metallic taste in my mouth all day yesterday.

I will do my best to try and update this post with what happens. (crossing fingers)
ceeker
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 8w4d - Large Sac, No baby, Tilted Uterus

Postby ceeker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm

9w2d - Had some mild cramping last night and this morning but no bleeding or spotting. Still have all my other symptoms. Mild Nausea, peeing, thirst and constipation. Still hoping for the best :H . Next doctor appt is in 17 days.

I have read stories of some miscarriage's being a very large rush of blood. I am praying if this does not end that way, that I get the more granule start and flow. I have upgraded to an overnight pad to wear at all times, just in case.
ceeker
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ceeker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

10w3d - Still waiting, everything is still inside. Doctors appt is 9 days away. The wait is a killer but I haven't had an end yet either. My nausea has eased up but still always thirsty and constipated with occasional mild cramps.
ceeker
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ceeker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 am

I started miscarrying on Wed Jan 17th (11w) in the evening. Its started as light bleeding. I passed most of it on Thursday night.
Friday morning I had my ob appt. They pulled out a bit more tissue that was at my cervix. They did a vaginal sonogram and saw that I had a clot still at the bottom of my uterus.
Doctor prescribed methergine to help me pass the rest. He also prescribed some pain meds for me to take with it.
Unfortunately the pain medication was a type that none of the local pharmacies carry.
They all told me to go back to the doc and get him to change the levels (Doc is 30 minutes away and by this time it was 4pm on Friday)

I decided to just take the Methergine without the extra pain pills. I wound up just taking some Advil gel caps when the cramps were particularly painful. The pain was uncomfortable and made me not want to move around but wasn't so bad that I felt I needed a more powerful pain med.

I have an appointment for next week to verify that I have passed everything.

And once again I have come to the end of a pregnancy.
ceeker
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Ah Ceeker, I am just so sorry that you did not get any replies here :( I am also so sorry to hear of your loss. I do hope you are on the mend. Huge (((hugs))) for you.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum