7w5d no fetal pole or yolk sac

Postby hopefulmommyinPA » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,

LMP: 10/4/2017
Positive HPT 10/30/2017 - CD 26
HCG 11/7/2017 - 325.6
HCG 11/9/2017 - 560.5
Gestational sac measures 14 cm - 5w4d

I had my first ultrasound yesterday (11/27/2017) and should be 7w5d by LMP. The tech saw a gestational sac of 14mm and no fetal pole or yolk sac. She also saw a cyst on my right ovary measuring 5.5cm. She would not say anything except she asked if I was sure of my LMP, which I absolutely am. She said the gestational sac was measuring 5w4d. My husband and I had sex three days within my fertile window and then not again until 10/28/2017 which would not have resulted in pregnancy.

My doctor told me it may be too early because the fetal age is technically around the 5 week mark. So, he wants me to go back in one week for a repeat ultrasound but I am waiting 10 days which will be 12/7/2017 so there is a few extra days of growth. Ladies, I am scared. My pregnancy symptoms are slowly lessening. I am not as nauseous and it often subsides after I get up after a few hours. My breasts do not hurt as much. I've read that symptoms can come and go but I feel like I feel different. Or, maybe that's because I'm scared.

I asked my doctor to order HCG levels but he has not yet responded to me. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Stephanie
hopefulmommyinPA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 7w5d no fetal pole or yolk sac

Postby hopefulmommyinPA » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:02 pm

I should also add the radiology report said it was limited due to body habitus. I am a plus size woman weighing 265. But, with my last pregnancy, I was 15 pounds lighter, and they saw a fetal pole and yolk sac and I was seen at the same time frame in the pregnancy.
hopefulmommyinPA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Shirl1976 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Hiya.
I'm in similar boat.
Scan last week at 6w. Sac 14.3 but no yolk or fetal pole visable. Hcg -25000 then 2 days later 39000
Scan today and sac now 21mm but still nothing visable. Due to sac not yet reaching 25mm I have to wait till next week for another scan.
Shirl1976
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:08 pm

(((hugs))) I am not sure what will happen at that next ultrasound but I do hope you get better news. Loss of symptoms can be a signal of a miscarriage but many women who go have had a misdiagnosed miscarriage (myself included) lost symptoms temporarily as well. Please, keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby hopefulmommyinPA » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I did end up miscarrying last week.
hopefulmommyinPA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum