Dx today with blighted ovum with IUD in place

Dx today with blighted ovum with IUD in place

Postby ltyson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 pm

I was diagnosed today with blighted ovum, no baby, no yolk sac, just gestational sac
I still have the Mirena IUD in place
I haven't had a period in over 10 years due to having multiple Mirena IUDs and not having periods with them
Sunday night I started bleeding for about 6 to 8 hours heavily, not crazy heavy, but not light either
Went to dr today and positive pregnancy tests and transvaginal ultrasound that said i was measuring 7 weeks and sac was measuring about 5.7 mm
dr scheduled me for a D&E Friday morning but after reading on the internet that this may be way too early to diagnose, I kinda want to wait and not rush into the D&E
I'm 39 years old and have wanted another baby for over 13 years, although my husband didn't
so, i thought this is a miracle, God knows my heart and I'm pregnant on an IUD
I was heartbroken when they didn't see anything on the u/s
anybody else have a little bleeding and iud and diagnosed with the blighted ovum BUT still have a very healthy baby?
ltyson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Dx today with blighted ovum with IUD in place

Postby ltyson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:49 pm

So, i cancelled my appt for the D&E that was supposed to be done tomorrow
I emailed a dr with a dfft practice & my primary dr to see about maybe getting a second opinion (no response yet) b/c my obgyn dr that diagnosed the blighted ovum seems to be in a rush for me to get the procedure done
i'm not in any pain, no more bleeding and just want to wait a week or two to see if anything changes. I called the office and talked to the OB nurse and she said she understood but was adamant that there will be no change and they scheduled me for another u/s next Wednesday and I asked about labwork and she said they won't do it b/c it could confuse me more...
I am so confused as to what to do... :(
ltyson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:23 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this scare. With that IUD in place, I'm not sure how it will affect your pregnancy but you are still early. Please, keep us updated. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby ltyson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:15 am

I made an appt with a dfft doctor/practice
Appt is for next wednesday
I'll give an update later after Wednesday or before if I miscarry naturally before then
I read my notes from my office visit last Wednesday and it says I have a retroverted uterus and I'm hoping and praying they see something when I go back
God knows my heart and how much I've wanted a baby for so long, but I also know I have to trust Him and bad things just happen unfortunately
I do hope I have good news to give next week
No matter what happens, I'm so glad I found this site..It has eased my mind and I'm so glad I opted out of the D&E so quickly after my diagnosis
At least now I know that I did everything possible to make sure if there is or isn't a baby growing inside of me...
ltyson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Praying for you! Hang in there!
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby ltyson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 pm

went to new dr today
she thinks it's a blighted ovum as well
she was much kinder and compassionate
she said they just see a sac and a fetal pole measuring 6 weeks
the u/s i had last week did not show a fetal pole, so this gives me hope
she said most impt thing is to get IUD out, so I'm making an appt to do that as soon as i get back into town monday
i should get my hcg results back tomorrow
i'm still holding onto hope...
not giving up yet...
thank you for praying for me...
I've been praying for a healthy baby and to see a heartbeat, but today i started praying for a flicker of hope...
then...the fetal pole is visible...
still praying, still hoping, still trusting Him no matter the outcome...
ltyson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Praying for you. Generally a week after the fetal pole is seen, they'll see a heartbeat a week later if it is a viable pregnancy. (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum