Yolk sac appeared at 9week ultrasound hcg now increasing after decreasing

Yolk sac appeared at 9week ultrasound hcg now increasing after decreasing

Postby Rach77 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:51 am

Hi all ,
I'm really hoping you can give me some advice .
I am currently 9w 3D pregnant from lmp.
At 6 weeks I had a scan and was told there was no yolk or pole visable and to return in a week . My gestational sac measured 9mm.

7 Days later with hcg still rising I returned for my next scan and was told the same thing no yolk sac no fetal pole. Sac now measured 17mm and I was told I had a blighted ovum. I have had no bleeding of cramping at all. My doctor referred me to the hospital for a d&c.

7 days later again the hospital has sent me for more scans and bloods as my hcg in a fortnight had dropped from 29000 to 21000 on the Thursday .
I had the scan and another hcg on Friday . The lady that performed this scan advised me I have a retroverted uterus and it was difficult to see but there was only a gestational sac and yolk sac visible .

The sac in this scan had grown to 21mm. My hcg rose from 21000 on the Thursday back to 29000 on the Friday.

I asked the doctor to explain how a yolk sac had now just appeared when the previous scans said there was none and why my hcg was rising again and she said she didn't know.

She did say though that she was sure it wasn't a viable pregnancy .

I'm booked in for a d&c on Friday this week at 10 weeks with a scan again on Wednesday just to be sure.

I'm so scared I'm doing the wrong thing but surely by now a baby could be seen?

I would appreciate any input .
Rach77
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Yolk sac appeared at 9week ultrasound hcg now increasing after decreasing

Postby Danaya17 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 am

Hello, I am sorry for what you are going through. I was happy to hear that the yolk salk became visible. I have been reading on the site for more than two weeks now, and the general consensus is that if the gestational sac is under 25mm it is too early to diagnose blighted ovum. Sometimes womens numbers drop without any explination. But that they wdnt back up and there is still growth going on, I think is a positive sign and hope to hang onto. I personally would not go through with the DC. I know that waiting is so hard, but patience is a virtue and you are giving your baby a chance of life. I would wait another week to see if anymore progressing or if your body decides to naturally miscarry. There is no text book pregnancy. Every one is different and miracles do exist. I pray for you and your baby. I am 8w 4 days and go in for another US today to see if any progression in pregnancy. Last monday my sac was empty. Im praying! My HcG numbers are not increasing as the Dr would like to see, but I have read that you cannot go off Hcg levels so much after a certain point. Stay strong for you and your baby. Please keep us updated.
Danaya17
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Yolk sac appeared at 9week ultrasound hcg now increasing after decreasing

Postby Rach77 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Thank you for answering me . I'm sorry you are in the same situation .
I thought everything was going great , no spotting , bleeding or cramping . Until the scan everything was spot on.
It's the longest wait I've ever had.
I sincerely hope it's good news for you .
Sending love your way xx
Rach77
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum